MINISTRY MATTERS Vol. 5 No. 16 May 3, 2019
REMINDER: Special Voters’ Meeting Please plan to attend the Special Voters’ Meeting this Sunday, May 5, 11:45am, Wyatt Rd. Campus.
From Executive Board—Charlie Johnson, Congregational Secretary
Executive Board met on April 9 with Ben Ryan, Joe Sauter, Carol Cronkhite, Sandy Bahrenburg, Louie Wilbers, Charlie Johnson, Gary Flandermeyer, Pastor John & Pastor Rod attending. The first part of the meeting was a joint meeting with Elected Elders, with Steve Schild, Jacob Gorrow, Charlie Cronkhite, Mark Meyer, Kyle Oelkhaus and Tary Krahenbuhl attending.
- Update on the Call Process: Steve Schild and Jacob Gorrow provided updates about the call process.
- First Fruits Update: 2019 First Fruits had hoped to total $200,000. Unfortunately, only $59,000 was received. Timothy has additional expenses to address, such as roof repair, parking lot repair, elevator updates, computer & operating systems updates, and others. The board continues to investigate funding these projects.
- Financials: The financial reports for February 2019 were presented by Gary Flandermeyer and reviewed by the board. Note: Financials will only be published after the CPA has closed the books for the month. It was moved, seconded and carried to approve the financial reports as written. Gary was authorized to distribute copies to the congregation.
- Retention of School Ministries Director of Development: Ben has spoken to the original donor and has secured funding of this position for another year.
- 2019 Action List/Priority: The document was reviewed and updated.
- Appeal for Full-time Toddler Teacher: The board needs more information before it can review and act on this request.
- Insurance Claim for Water Damage at R.D. Mize: Ben will forward the claim denial letter and other information for analysis to Joe for review.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
May 5—School Board meeting, 11am, Room 1101, Wyatt Rd. Campus
May 5—Special Voters’ Meeting, 11:45am, Wyatt Rd. Campus
May 5—LWML Soda Shoppe Sunday, 2-4pm, Family Life Center, R.D. Mize Campus
May 11-12—Mother’s Day Weekend Photo Op, lobby at both campuses
May 13—Executive Board meeting, 6pm, Room 302, R.D. Mize Campus
May 17—Wyatt Rd. ECC Pre-K & 8th Grade TLS Graduation, 7pm, Wyatt Rd. Campus
May 19—School Board Executive Session, 10:45am, R.D. Mize Campus
May 20—GO Commission meeting, 6pm, Room 103, R.D. Mize Campus
May 20—GIVE Commission meeting, 6pm, Room 303, R.D. Mize Campus
May 20—GATHER Commission meeting, 6pm, Fellowship Hall, R.D. Mize Campus
May 20—GROW Commission meeting, 7pm, Room 302, R.D. Mize Campus
May 22—TLS Last Day of School
May 23—R.D. Mize ECC Pre-K Graduation, 7pm
May 24—R.D. Mize ECC Part-time Last Day of School
June 2—14th Annual Adam’s Army Blood Drive, 9am-3pm, Family Life Center, R.D. Mize Campus
June 9—All-Church Potluck, 4:30-6:30pm, Family Life Center, R.D. Mize Campus
June 10—Executive Board meeting, 6pm, R.D. Mize Campus