Vol. 4 No. 29 July 27, 2018
The purpose of Ministry Matters is to provide an opportunity for the leaders of Timothy to share what is happening in their ministry areas. Each Friday, Ministry Matters is emailed Timothy’s executive board, elders, staff, commission leaders and other lay leaders. If you wish to include something, please email it to Diane Mayfield (firstname.lastname@example.org) by 8am Thursday. Feel free to share this document as you wish.
From Elected Elders—Kelly Twenter, Secretary
Elected Elders met on July 10 with Steve Schild, Charlie Cronkhite, Tary Krahenbuhl, Kyle Oelklaus, Mark Meyer, Kelly Twenter and Pastor Rod attending. Kelly opened the meeting with prayer.
Steve provided an overview of the evaluation report for Pastor Rich.
- Pastor Rich: No new discussion; reviewed submitted reports.
- Pastor John: No new discussion, reviewed submitted reports.
- Pastor Rod: Summarized the book study for Who Broke My Church? Designed to help leaders work through the transition of Lead Pastor. Chapter 2 of the book will lead discussion. Three retired pastors (Lieb, Wenger, Koenig) have agreed to assume responsibilities for all homebound services. Active Support is present for pastors.
- Pastor Rod provided an update about the 21 Days of Prayer (Rejuvenate) campaign. Mark and Steve provided participant feedback and support for the event. Potential Lent offering.
- Holding Up the Prophet’s Hand—on hold.
- New Member Mentor—on hold; however, needed discussion on New Member “reach out” plan, perhaps by Elders—Interim plan-Elected Elders assigned 3 new members for contact—Steve will delegate placement
- Leadership Retreat—no new discussion
- Kelly proposed convening Appointed Elders, perhaps a training.
- Appointed Elder—Jonathan Meyer, confirmed via email; unanimously confirmed by Elders. Are there regular Saturday attendees that can serve as elders for that service?
- Pastor Rich’s Farewell Luncheon—Jacob (or Elder assigned for the service) reads card to Rich, provide card also for Steensma family; gift given from Elders and gift given from Executive Board.
- Usher Coordinator—Who will step into this role? Email nominations to Steve.
- Call Process—4 Elected Elders, 1 Executive Board member, 1 School Board member, and 4-8 members from congregation; process tabled until discussed with President Hagan on July 14. Congregation members will be a cross-section of male/female and variety of ages and walks of life. Charlie, Jacob, Steve and Mark will represent elders. Call Committee members will be commissioned on August 5.
- July 11—Truman Foundation with Executive Board
- July 14—Elected Elders and Executive Board meeting with President Hagan
Pastor Rod closed meeting with prayer.
Upcoming Dates to Remember:
July 28—2nd Annual J. R. Wiles Memorial Kids Fishing Derby, 9am-2pm, Prairie Hollow Lake, James A. Reed Conservation Area
July 29-31—Collection Days for School Ministries Annual Rummage Sale, 7am-7pm, Family Life Center, North Campus
July 29-Aug. 1—Set-up Days for School Ministries Annual Rummage Sale, 7am-7pm, Family Life Center, North Campus
July 30—Executive Board meeting, 6pm, Fireplace Room, North Campus
Aug. 2-4—Sale Days for School Ministries Annual Rummage Sale, 7am-7pm, Family Life Center, North Campus
Aug. 5—Commissioning of Call Committee, 9:45 service, North Campus
Aug. 5—School Board meeting, 11:45am, Room 1101, South Campus
Aug. 11—Lay Leadership Retreat, 9-11am, Fellowship Hall, North Campus
Aug. 12—Backpack Blessing for students, all services
Aug. 13—TLS New Student Orientation, 7pm, South Campus
Aug. 15—Get Connected deadline for events in Sept., Oct., Nov.
Aug. 20—TLS Back-to-School Night, 6:30pm, South Campus
Aug. 20—ECC South Campus Open House, 7pm, South Campus
Aug. 20—GIVE Commission meeting, 6pm, Fireplace Room, North Campus
Aug. 20—GO Commission meeting, 6pm, Room 1101, South Campus
Aug. 21—TLS First Day of School, South Campus
Aug. 22—Confirmation Parent/Student meeting, 6:30pm, Sanctuary, North Campus
Aug. 23—ECC North Campus Open House, 7pm
Aug. 25—JourneyMen movie night (I Can Only Imagine), 5:30 pizza, 6pm movie, South Campus
Aug. 27—ECC Part-time Preschool First Day
Aug. 29—Confirmation begins, 6:30-7:30pm, North Campus
Sept. 5—Cross Walk begins, 6:30-7:30pm, North Campus
Sept. 8—Women of Hope Friends’ Café, 9:30-11am, Epic Coffee Shop, Independence
Sept. 14-16—Blue Springs Fall Fun Fest (steak burger booth), Downtown Blue Springs
Sept. 15—Celebrate deadline for events in July, Aug., Sept.
Sept. 24—Live Well Planning Session, 6pm, Fireplace Room, North Campus
Nov. 10—School Ministries Gala/Auction, 6-10pm, Adams Pointe Conference Center, Blue Springs