Timothy has something for everyone at every age. We publish once a quarter, GetConnected, for ways to become involved. We encourage you to Get Connected to Timothy!
Registration required to access member information.
Need your family picture added to your membership profile?
Please contact Caryn Barbee at 816-228-5300 for additional information.
A disciple follows Jesus on a life-long journey of Faith – empowered by the Holy Spirit to do the 4G’s:
GATHER – for worship and fellowship in Christ. Worship and fellowship ministry including music, choirs, drama, ushering and more.
Please contact Kent Burns (email@example.com) if interested in any of the following:
- Altar Guild: Help prepare the Alta for Holy Communion and then after the service help put the Communionware and elements away.You could also serve as a substitute. If you prefer not to be in a regular rotation. Contact Carol Williams at 229-0909.
- Audio/Visual Technician
- Children’s Ministry:
- Wednesday nights to teach, be teacher assistants, be in dramas and puppets, and sound technicians.
- We can also use people on Sunday mornings to lead a small group or facilitate large group discussions.
- There’s also occasional job during the week like supplies ready or making drama props.
- Choir & Music Props: Timothy’s Adult and Children’s music groups. Practice times are listing below:
- Celebration Chorus Singing in the Celebration Chorus is a great opportunity to praise the Lord while leading others to do the same (high school welcome). We rehears on Wednesdays at 6:30-8:00pm in the north site music room and lead mainly for contemporary worship.
- Children’s Choir: Children in grades K-5 are invited to sing in the choir. We sing once a month during the Fall and W anger and our season generally end before Lent. We rehears at 6:00pm in the north site music room on days when there is CrossWalk. [Aimee Gorrow]
- Kid’s Praise Team: Children in grades 5-8 can help to lead worship on this praise team. Practices are on Wednesday evenings at 5:45-6:25pm in the north campus sanctuary on days when there is Crosswalk.
- Sanctuary Choir: The Sanctuary Choir is Timothy’s adult choir (high school youth welcome) helping to lead worship at the north site. We sing a couple time a month and for special services. We rehearse on Wednesdays from 6:45-8:00pm.
- Saturday Evening Praise Team: This is a low time commitment singing opportunity. We have a team of 2-4 people that lead on Saturday evenings during worship. Rehearsals are on Saturday evenings at 5:00pm right before worship on the weeks you are leading.
- Service of Joy Praise Team: Adults/Youth are invited to be a part of the team that leads worship at our south on Sunday mornings. You need to be a member of either Celebration Chorus, Sanctuary Choir, or After Hours to be on the praise team.
- Service of Joy Praise Band: We are always looking for new talent to play in the praise band on Sunday mornings at the south Campus.
- Soloists: We are always looking for new talent vocally/instrumentally to use their gifts to lead worship to God’s glory.
- Coffee and Donuts: Help serve coffee and donuts on Sunday.
- Food Preparation: Assist with providing food for new member and funeral luncheons.
- Liturgical Arts
- Nursery Helper
- Ushers for Weekly Worship: This is an opportunity to meet new people and serve. Contact Scott Ready at 229-7688 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GIVE – joyfully in Service to God and His people. Help with a variety of ministries touching Timothy members and the community.
Please contact Nancy Nowiszewski, Care Minister, email@example.com, if interested in any of the following:
- Break Time: Assist those with mental and physical challenges as they enjoy a day (9:30 am-2:30 pm) of activities and fellowship.
- Cancer Care: Get connected with those who are coping with cancer to provide support based on your own experience.
- DivorceCare: Serve on a team that facilitates our DivorceCare support group; leaders needed for the children’s group. This groups meets every Thursday when the sessions are offered; 6:30-8 pm.
- GriefShare: Serve on a team that facilitates our GriefShare support groups; the evening group meets on the first and third Thursdays, 7-8:30 pm.
- Health Ministry: Check in participants at our annual blood drive, or sign up people prior to the event on designated weekends.
- Helping Hands/Home Repair: Make minor home repairs for our senior members; materials to be provided.
- Journey to the Manger: Help gather, sort and distribute gifts to our adopted Christmas families from the community. Or, prepare gift tags for the Christmas trees and even help set up the trees.
- Meals: Provide and/or serve meals at a local motel at one of five annual opportunities or pick a date to serve with your small group.
- Prayer Chain: Join this team whose members pray for concerns sent to the prayer chain from our members or sent to Timothy’s website.
- Stephen Ministry: Join the next training class beginning in January 2017 to learn how to provide one-on-one Christian care to those experiencing a loss or struggle.
- Teen Club: Help with monthly activities for young adults who live with physical or mental challenges–or even volunteer your talents for programs.
- Transportation: Drivers needed to provide rides to or from worship services.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY contact Rich Steensma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Cross Walk –
• Midweek Helper –
• The Rock –
• Vacation Bible School –
YOUTH MINISTRY contact Rich Steensma (email@example.com)
• Assist with Scouting Program –
• Assist with Youth Mission Trips –
• Assist with Youth Servant Events –
• College – Age Ministry –
• Confirmation Ministry –
• Middle School Youth –
• Senior High Youth –
• Servant Events –
• Youth Band –
ADULT MINISTRY contact Rich Steensma (firstname.lastname@example.org)
• Bible Class Leader –
• Bible Class Participant –
• Men’s Ministry –
• Small Group Host –
• Small Group Participant –
• Women’s Ministry –
SCHOOL MINISTRY contact Ed Kuerschner (email@example.com)
• Early Childhood Center Helper
• Library Helper
• Lunch Room Helper
• Office Assistant
• Read to Students/Classes
• Repair and Maintenance
• Teacher Assistant
Contact Rev. Richard Steensma at RichardS@timothylutheran.com
• FALL FUN FESTIVAL/STEAKBRUGER BOOTH – Serve with our team of 200 volunteers the third week of September each year from preparation to serving burgers at the weekend Fall Fun Festival.
• FRIENDSHIP CALLER – At the end of the month make telephone calls to several households who have shown interest by attending Timothy Church.
• NEIGHBORHOOD CONTACT – Serve as a contact for up to 10 households as you connect with them twice a year.
• NEW MEMBER MINISTRY – Serve as a host for new members from joining classes to the Sunday when they are welcomed as members.
• PHOTOGRAPHY – Be one of our photographers to record the many events taking place at church.
• PUBLICITY – Help us publicize everything from worship to school ministry to special music events.
MISSION AND SOCIAL
• CHRISTMAS DONATIONS – Coordinate with a team of others – the donations from food to clothes to toys that we collect at Christmas.
• FOOD & CLOTHING COLLETION – Coordinate with a team of others – the donations from food to clothes that we receive.
• LUTHERAN WOMEN MISSIONARY LEAGUE – Fellowship, serve, and grow in Bible study with other ladies of the church.
• TRANSPORT DONATED ITEMS TO ORGANIZATIONS – Coordinate with a team of others – the donations from food to clothes that we distribute locally and downtown.
• MISSIONARY SUPPORT TEAM to give prayer, care, and support for our missionaries supported through Timothy Church. This is part of our GO Commission – as we send the Gospel throughout the world. Contact Courtney Dryer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact Rev. Richard Steensma, Senior Pastor Richards@timothylutheran.com
CHURCH PROPERTY & MAINTENANCE
• Cleaning – non classroom areas
• Electrical – Occasional maintenance
• Exterior Christmas Decorating – lighting of trees, setup nativity scenes
• Floor Care – Hard floor areas
• Landscaping – seasonal as needed
• Lawn Care – mowing, tree maintenance
• Painting – touch up in public areas
• Plumbing – Occasional maintenance
• Answer Phone in Church Office – is an ongoing opportunity
• Assemble Mailings – As needed
• Computer / Data Entry – Recording attendance and contributions
• Count Money – Monthly teams
• Restock Pew Cards – restocking cards, envelopes and pencils in the back of pew seats