Timothy has something for everyone at every age. We publish once a quarter, GetConnected, for ways to become involved. We encourage you to Get Connected to Timothy!
GATHER – for worship and fellowship in Christ. Worship and fellowship ministry including music, choirs, drama, ushering and more.
Please contact Kent Burns (email@example.com) if interested in any of the following:
- Altar Guild: Help prepare the Alta for Holy Communion and then after the service help put the Communion ware and elements away. You could also serve as a substitute. If you prefer not to be in a regular rotation. Contact Carol Williams at 229-0909.
- Audio/Visual Technician
- Children’s Ministry:
- Wednesday nights to teach, be teacher assistants, be in dramas and puppets, and sound technicians.
- We can also use people on Sunday mornings to lead a small group or facilitate large group discussions.
- There’s also occasional job during the week like supplies ready or making drama props.
- Choir & Music Props: Timothy’s Adult and Children’s music groups. Practice times are listing below:
- Celebration Chorus Singing in the Celebration Chorus is a great opportunity to praise the Lord while leading others to do the same (high school welcome). We rehears on Wednesdays at 6:30-8:00pm in the north site music room and lead mainly for contemporary worship.
- Children’s Choir: Children in grades K-5 are invited to sing in the choir. We sing once a month during the Fall and Winter and our season generally end before Lent. We rehearse at 6pm in the north site music room on days when there is CrossWalk. [Aimee Gorrow]
- Kid’s Praise Team: Children in grades 5-8 can help to lead worship on this praise team. Practices are on Wednesday evenings at 5:45-6:25pm in the north campus sanctuary on days when there is Crosswalk.
- Sanctuary Choir: The Sanctuary Choir is Timothy’s adult choir (high school youth welcome) helping to lead worship at the north site. We sing a couple time a month and for special services. We rehearse on Wednesdays from 6:45-8pm.
- Saturday Evening Praise Team: This is a low time commitment singing opportunity. We have a team of 2-4 people that lead on Saturday evenings during worship. Rehearsals are on Saturday evenings at 5pm right before worship on the weeks you are leading.
- Service of Joy Praise Team: Adults/Youth are invited to be a part of the team that leads worship at our south on Sunday mornings. You need to be a member of either Celebration Chorus, Sanctuary Choir, or After Hours to be on the praise team.
- Service of Joy Praise Band: We are always looking for new talent to play in the praise band on Sunday mornings at the south Campus.
- Soloists: We are always looking for new talent vocally/instrumentally to use their gifts to lead worship to God’s glory.
- Coffee and Donuts: Help serve coffee and donuts on Sunday.
- Food Preparation: Assist with providing food for new member and funeral luncheons.
- Liturgical Arts
- Nursery Helper
- Ushers for Weekly Worship: This is an opportunity to meet new people and serve. Contact Scott Ready at 229-7688 or firstname.lastname@example.org
GIVE – joyfully in Service to God and His people. Help with a variety of ministries touching Timothy members and the community.
Please contact Nancy Nowiszewski, Care Minister, email@example.com, if interested in any of the following:
- Break Time: Assist those with mental and physical challenges as they enjoy a day (9:30 am-2:30 pm) of activities and fellowship.
- Cancer Care: Get connected with those who are coping with cancer to provide support based on your own experience.
- DivorceCare: Serve on a team that facilitates our DivorceCare support group; leaders needed for the children’s group. This groups meets every Thursday when the sessions are offered; 6:30-8 pm.
- GriefShare: Serve on a team that facilitates our GriefShare support groups; the evening group meets on the first and third Thursdays, 7-8:30 pm.
- Health Ministry: Check in participants at our annual blood drive, or sign up people prior to the event on designated weekends.
- Helping Hands/Home Repair: Make minor home repairs for our senior members; materials to be provided.
- Journey to the Manger: Help gather, sort and distribute gifts to our adopted Christmas families from the community. Or, prepare gift tags for the Christmas trees and even help set up the trees.
- Meals: Provide and/or serve meals at a local motel at one of five annual opportunities or pick a date to serve with your small group.
- Prayer Chain: Join this team whose members pray for concerns sent to the prayer chain from our members or sent to Timothy’s website.
- Stephen Ministry: Join the next training class beginning in January 2017 to learn how to provide one-on-one Christian care to those experiencing a loss or struggle.
- Teen Club: Help with monthly activities for young adults who live with physical or mental challenges–or even volunteer your talents for programs.
- Transportation: Drivers needed to provide rides to or from worship services.
CHILDREN’S MINISTRY contact John Otte (JohnO@timothylutheran.com)
• Cross Walk –
• Midweek Helper –
• The Rock –
• Vacation Bible School –
YOUTH MINISTRY contact John Otte (JohnO@timothylutheran.com)
• Assist with Scouting Program –
• Assist with Youth Mission Trips –
• Assist with Youth Servant Events –
• College – Age Ministry –
• Confirmation Ministry –
• Middle School Youth –
• Senior High Youth –
• Servant Events –
• Youth Band –
ADULT MINISTRY contact John Otte (JohnO@timothylutheran.com)
• Bible Class Leader –
• Bible Class Participant –
• Men’s Ministry –
• Small Group Host –
• Small Group Participant –
• Women’s Ministry –
SCHOOL MINISTRY contact Ken Holland (KenH@timothylutheran.com)
• Early Childhood Center Helper
• Library Helper
• Lunch Room Helper
• Office Assistant
• Read to Students/Classes
• Repair and Maintenance
• Teacher Assistant
Contact John Otte (JohnO@timothylutheran.com)
• FALL FUN FESTIVAL/STEAKBRUGER BOOTH – Serve with our team of 200 volunteers the third week of September each year from preparation to serving burgers at the weekend Fall Fun Festival.
• FRIENDSHIP CALLER – At the end of the month make telephone calls to several households who have shown interest by attending Timothy Church.
• NEIGHBORHOOD CONTACT – Serve as a contact for up to 10 households as you connect with them twice a year.
• NEW MEMBER MINISTRY – Serve as a host for new members from joining classes to the Sunday when they are welcomed as members.
• PHOTOGRAPHY – Be one of our photographers to record the many events taking place at church.
• PUBLICITY – Help us publicize everything from worship to school ministry to special music events.
MISSION AND SOCIAL
• CHRISTMAS DONATIONS – Coordinate with a team of others – the donations from food to clothes to toys that we collect at Christmas.
• FOOD & CLOTHING COLLETION – Coordinate with a team of others – the donations from food to clothes that we receive.
• LUTHERAN WOMEN MISSIONARY LEAGUE – Fellowship, serve, and grow in Bible study with other ladies of the church.
• TRANSPORT DONATED ITEMS TO ORGANIZATIONS – Coordinate with a team of others – the donations from food to clothes that we distribute locally and downtown.
• MISSIONARY SUPPORT TEAM to give prayer, care, and support for our missionaries supported through Timothy Church. This is part of our GO Commission – as we send the Gospel throughout the world. Contact Courtney Dryer at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Contact John Otte (JohnO@timothylutheran.com)
CHURCH PROPERTY & MAINTENANCE
• Cleaning – non classroom areas
• Electrical – Occasional maintenance
• Exterior Christmas Decorating – lighting of trees, setup nativity scenes
• Floor Care – Hard floor areas
• Landscaping – seasonal as needed
• Lawn Care – mowing, tree maintenance
• Painting – touch up in public areas
• Plumbing – Occasional maintenance
• Answer Phone in Church Office – is an ongoing opportunity
• Assemble Mailings – As needed
• Computer / Data Entry – Recording attendance and contributions
• Count Money – Monthly teams
• Restock Pew Cards – restocking cards, envelopes and pencils in the back of pew seats
A disciple follows Jesus on a life-long journey of Faith – empowered by the Holy Spirit to do the 4G’s: